In Neu Theory, a zomon is a pulse of accelerating free rise energy released with spontaneous neutron fragmentation. Zomons can be considered as expanding & diffusing-in-place space quanta. The zomon is one of the seven elementary particles, and  of the fundamental forms of nature.
- Physically the zomon is a variable pulse of free rise movement/energy, expanding and diffusing-in-place at the accelerating speed of light, with a center located where a neutron fragmentation occurred (“ beta decay” in Current Science or the “little bang” in Neu Theory).
- The separation of the core matter [1a] and membrane matter [2a] frees the plasm matter [3a] which promptly de-links into the bound spin energy of the electric charge shells [6+][6-], the free rise energy of space , and the bound rise energy of motion  carried by the emitted electron [2b] and the recoiling proton [1b].
- In principle a zomon is only measurable during the brief moment of time its energy density remains above background density of space. The zomon can be visualized as an expanding ball of free rise energy with a surface that is traveling at the uniformly accelerating speed of light. The ball contains a fixed quantity of energy that diffuses-in-place as it expands to fill the geometrically increasing volume of the pulse.
- The zomon number is always equal to the electric dipole number and changes as the electric number changes. This number is approximately equal to 0.87 N and is based on the observed distribution of atoms in the universe.
- Large numbers of little bangs are part of the cosmic matter cycle that periodically makes fresh bursts of space via active galactic nuclei (AGN) throughout the universe to replenish the continuous one way expansion and diffusion of free rise energy.
- In principle zomon energy is an isotropic one-way expansion and diffusion at the uniformly accelerating speed of light that continues forever. Zomons never die they just quickly fade away. In reality the individual zomon energy is so small that the average pulse only expands to approximately 2 meters in diameter before the zomon rise energy density merges into the background Zome rise energy density estimated by the model at around 0.11 MeV/m3. For the average zomon in the little bangs spectrum this occurs in less than three billionths of a second (3.0×10-9 s). After that brief moment of time the zomon becomes in principle undetectable. An analogy would be adding drops of concentrated blue dye to an ocean of slightly blue water that is slowly fading.
- The zomon pulse energy spectrum is one of three parts of 0.78 MeV of rise movement/energy de-linked along with 0.78 MeV of spin movement/energy from plasm spinrise matter with the little bang. All the 0.78 MeV de-linked spin energy is topologically mirror split into two equal electric charge shells with opposite polarity that are attached to the proton core and the electron membrane matter particles. The average zomon rise energy is around 2/3 of the total rise energy de-linked, approximately 0.52 MeV. The other two parts are the kinetic energy spectrum of the departing electron with an average around 1/3 of the total, approximately 0.26 MeV; and the consistent recoil kinetic energy of the proton core or nuclide with approximately 0.3 keV, less than one thousandth of the 0.78 MeV released. The total energy of the zomon pulse plus the two kinetic energies of the electron projectile and nuclear recoil remains constant. Momentum is conserved by three bodies. The zomon free rise energy is exactly the amount of energy currently attributed by Current Science to the neutrino.
- The zomon number of the universe by definition is set equal to its electric number as both are increased and decreased at the same time. As the cosmic electric number is decreased by neucleon synthesis in stellar furnaces the cosmic zomon number is correspondingly decreased. As the cosmic zomon number is increased by the little bangs the cosmic electric number is correspondingly increased. The cosmic zomon/electric number is estimated at approximately 87 % of the universal number N but could be lower.
- All the zomons of the cosmos topologically act together as one to maintain Zome the universal equilibrium volume of physical space that is expanding and diffusing-in-place everywhere at the speed of light c, which is uniformly accelerating with the constant a. Zome is topologically homogeneous, meaning all volumes of space – small or large – contain the same number (~0.87 N) of zomons at any time. In principle a cubic centimeter of space contains the same number of zomons as a cubic light year of space.